Sunday, May 13, 2012

Paper marbling, or "Ebru"



I apologize for the massive delay! And as you might have noticed, I changed the template before I said I would...I just needed something to get me posting again, and I thought a new template might work! Hopefully you like it (if enough people prefer the original desktop one, I'm willing to change it back)!

(This is rather akin to the previous spray painting post) Paper marbling, or "Ebru" is an interesting form of art that consists of transferring a painting from water to paper. It's quite simple, or at least, the artists shown below make it look simple; they take a tray of water and some thick paint, then they carefully drip the paint into the water to make a pattern. When they're done with the pattern, they place a sheet of paper into the water, lift it up, and the design latches neatly onto the page. The result: An easier, less messy way to paint.

Here are a few videos that I found demonstrating the art:







~ Last two videos from YouTube, belonging to their respective owners, and first three from This Ebru site

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please remember to keep it clean (all comments are moderated and will be promptly deleted if they are dirty). Also, while constructive criticism is welcome, any abusive comments will be deleted.

Thank you!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...