Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Outlandish abodes and buildings


This selection of houses is undoubtedly bizarre. They don't seem to portray the usual picture in most people's minds of "Home sweet home". 

Here are a few of the world's strangest buildings.

 Upside down house in Japan.


 Piano/Violin building in An Hui Province, China


 
Basket building in Ohio, USA


Rock house in Fafe Mountains, Portugal


Elephant building in Margate, New Jersey    



      Nautilus House in Mexico 

Sea shell resort in Yucatan, Mexico


Boat Shaped apartments in California, USA


Kansas City Public library in Missouri, USA



Upside down house in Tennessee, USA


Upside down house in Poland


Bizarre rusty-looking house in Texas, USA


Kettle Sphere house in Texas, USA


Zaandam hotel, the Netherlands

Bubble houses in Tourettes sur loup, France

-Images found through Google Images

8 comments:

Speranza said...

There's also an upside down house in Orlando, which I've been to. It's a Wonderworks (the movie company) building.

Tyler said...

The Texas house looks pretty epic!

Unknown said...

The existence of so many comments makes me happy! Two is a grand total.

There's an upside down house in Orlando? I've been to Orlando plenty of times and never even seen it...maybe I will someday.

Which one, Tyler? All of the Texas houses look...erm, epic. I guess Texas is the place to be for people who like weirdo houses.

Personally, my favorites are the the bubble houses. Looking at them gives me vertigo, though, so I try not to for very long. ;)

Tyler said...

Oh my bad, the rusty Texas house I mean. It looks like something from Borderlands, which was awesome!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Haha!"Rusty House" is the best I could think of. I really didn't know how to identify it otherwise. XD

Anonymous said...

I love the piano/violin house! My favorite.

Unknown said...

Yay, another comment!

Yeah, me too. I love how the ceiling opens at the top to make it look more realistic. It's the only one besides the book library that's actually creative but not quite tacky. The library is pretty neat. =)

TheChocolateSarah said...

I don't know...I think the rock house is pretty creative.

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please remember to keep it clean (all comments are moderated and will be promptly deleted if they are dirty). Also, while constructive criticism is welcome, any abusive comments will be deleted.

Thank you!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...